Merchants Can Win Free Transactions Throughout 2014 if They Sign Up for Cartwheel Register by December 31Tantrum Street on Free Mobile Checkout App Simplifies the Transaction Process; Eliminates the Need for Card Swiper; and Provides True Flat Rate
DALLAS—Dec. 18, 2013—Merchants across the United States have the chance to win free transactions throughout 2014 if they sign up for Tantrum Street’s Cartwheel Register mobile checkout app at www.tantrumstreet.com before Dec. 31, 2013. That means no transaction fees—at all—for each and every transaction until Dec. 31, 2014, as long as the fees that Tantrum Street would normally assess the merchant don’t exceed $5,000.
- Even if a merchant doesn’t win the ultimate prize, they will still reap multiple benefits from Cartwheel Register, including:
- No swiper needed, just a smartphone or tablet
- A single, flat transaction rate for every transaction, all the time
- Instant PCI compliance from Tantrum Street’s PCI DSS 2.0 Level 1 Certification
- A secure, intuitive and cool next-generation store system connecting buyers and sellers
- A beautifully simple user experience—for owners and employees
- An opportunity for the merchant and its customers to participate in the Good Returns social good program—nearly 70 percent of consumers under age 30 consider social issues before making a purchase, according to KPMG
Cartwheel Register is currently in beta testing with availability as a free app on the Apple App Store in early-2014. Tantrum Street is also developing Android and Windows Phone versions. Fifteen Dallas-area merchants are testing the app, including gift shops, cafes, clothing boutiques, furniture stores, bakeries, caterers, food trucks and salons.
“Cartwheel Register improves the lives of small and medium-sized merchants by simplifying how they run their businesses. For example, merchants can use the smart device they already own to accept card payments with no extra hardware needed. Also, our transaction fees are the first, truly flat and transparent fees in the entire market—meaning one rate for all transactions, all major cards, all the time,” said William Cervin, CEO of Tantrum Street, makers of Cartwheel Register. “With this sweepstakes, a merchant gains a free app, an incredible in-store experience, better insight into their business, and free transactions for an entire year. And thanks to our secure use of a smart device’s camera, all of these benefits are already waiting in the hands of millions of merchants.”
The app combines a complete store system, full-stack payments and a powerful social good marketing message to customers. With Tantrum Street’s patent-pending number recognition technology, Cartwheel Register uses a smartphone or tablet’s camera to instantly recognize—not photograph—a consumer’s credit card number. It then encrypts, tokenizes and transmits that information directly to the appropriate payment processors. No card or primary account number information is ever stored on the device.