Checkout Freedom: Tantrum Street Unveils Cartwheel Register Mobile Checkout SystemTantrum Street on
DALLAS—Oct. 1, 2013— Tantrum Street is launching Cartwheel Register, a free mobile app for business owners that combines a next-generation store system, full-stack payments and a powerful social good marketing message to customers. Through patent-pending camera technology, the app instantly enables merchants to accept all major credit and debit cards, including American Express, anytime and anywhere—whether behind the counter, on the sales floor or at a pop-up event—without a swiper.
Interested companies can join the invitation list now at www.tantrumstreet.com and enter for a chance to win free transactions throughout 2014.
"We’re passionate about ensuring that Cartwheel Register eliminates the distractions and hassles small business owners face on a daily basis so they can focus on doing what they do best,"" said William Cervin, founder and CEO of Dallas-based Tantrum Street. “Whether you’re a merchant at a flea market, or a store with hundreds of daily customers, Cartwheel Register is intuitive and secure, with easy-to-understand analytics for owners facing a world of complicated business, payments, loyalty and marketing decisions. Also, as more and more consumers focus their spending toward socially responsible businesses, our participation in Good Returns gives Cartwheel Register users a competitive advantage while bringing a sustainable, poverty-eliminating focus to everyday transactions.” Cartwheel Register will be available on the Apple App Store in early 2014, with future availability on Android and Windows Phone platforms. The app uses Tantrum Street’s real-time pattern recognition technology to securely and conveniently read credit and debit cards with a mobile device’s camera. Cartwheel Register is fully compliant with PCI DSS 2.0 Level 1 standards, employs robust encryption and tokenization methods, and never stores card data on any device or server.
Additional features include:
- No long-term contracts and instant Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council Compliance for your business
- Simple, flat, and transparent transaction fees—or bring your existing credit card processor
- Quickly set up your store through bulk SKU importing or via the camera to scan barcodes
- Search and access cloud-based receipts at any time from any registered device
- Connect wirelessly to cash drawers and remote printers
- Gain insights through easy-to-understand analytics about your customers and sales
- Manage items on the iPhone form factor—no iPad required
- Accept next-generation digital wallet payments with integrated loyalty via Tantrum Street’s Skip Wallet